The project is at the heart of The Football Association's investment programme for grassroots football and the status is awarded where The FA’s minimum standards of coaching, administration and child protection are met.
Many Grants and Funding Opportunities provided by the FA and the Football Foundation are only available to clubs who have gained, or are working toward, Charter Standard status.
The Charter Standard programme aims to:
- Provide a nationally recognised quality control 'kitemark'
- Identify clubs and organisations where best practices exist
- Improve the quality of provision of football for everyone
- Sustain participation of football players for a longer time
- Raise the standards of the grassroots game
There are 4 levels of Charter Standard status - Charter Standard Club, Charter Standard Adult Club, Charter Development Club and Charter Community Club. Each Level depends upon the size, type and ambition of the club.
For more information, updated application forms and information on the new criteria please click here.
Kent has over 200 Charter Standard Clubs with over 80% of youth and mini soccer teams playing in a Charter Standard Club. In Kent, 32 clubs have the FA Charter Standard Community Award.
For more information please contact Liz Symons – firstname.lastname@example.org