We are delighted to announce that the popular #MagicOfTheCup Competition is back for the Kent Reliance County Cups 2016-2017 season.
All teams participating in the 23 Kent Reliance County Cups 2016/17 are invited to submit their #MagicOfTheCup moments and milestones through October to February, until we reach the County Cup Finals!
Each month two winning submissions will be selected to receive football equipment presented by Kent Reliance.
At the end of the #MagicOfTheCup competition, Kent Reliance will select an overall winner who will receive tickets to an England match at Wembley.
Rob Gurr, PR and Events Manager – Kent Reliance, said: “We are excited to announce the return of #MagicOfTheCup for the Kent Reliance County Cups 2016-2017 season. Last year we were inundated with entries and were very impressed with the calibre of those submissions. Once again we are looking forward to celebrating the beautiful game and rewarding those teams setting a great example both on and off the pitch.”
Last year’s winners, Maidstone and District League’s Mangravet FC, impressed the judges with their commitment to the game in their first season as a club. Another 14 clubs were also celebrated throughout the competition and between them received in excess of 75 Nike footballs.
What is a #MagicOfTheCup moment?
Winning #MagicOfTheCup moments from last season included:
- An underdog victory, where a team beat their local rivals who were two divisions above them in the Kent Reliance Sunday Junior Cup.
- A player making their returning debut to the game during their Kent Reliance Senior Trophy match after two years out due to injury.
- An awesome goal from the Kent Reliance U14 Boys Youth Cup, hitting the top corner of the net from 30 yards out.
- A dedicated fan who follows his club at every match (home and away) despite his visual impairments, and does everything he can to support his team through their Kent Reliance Senior Cup journey.
- Anything that you think constitutes a Magic Moment that you would only get as part of the Kent Reliance County Cup competitions.
How do I submit my #MagicOfTheCup moment?
Where possible, these moments should be submitted with a photo, and via our Twitter account, @KentFA. For those who do not have Twitter, or if you magic moment is more than 140 characters long, #MagicOfTheCup moments can be submitted to Amy.Rutland@KentFA.com.
If you have any questions or queries about this competition, please get in touch with Amy.Rutland@KentFA.com.