From the 1st to 14th May 2017, we will be shinning the spotlight on Kent’s football volunteers.
We encourage clubs and leagues from across Kent to get involved by sending, tweeting and posting photos and saying thanks to the amazing volunteers that make football in Kent happen.
Over the course of the two weeks Kent FA Youth Council ambassadors and staff will be surprising some of our very special volunteers with thank you gifts. Our website will also be the home of articles showcasing some of our volunteers as well as tips and advice on how clubs and leagues can recruit and retain volunteers.
The #KentFAThanksU campaign is led by the Kent FA Youth Council, together with the Kent FA.
Get your club and league involved
If you’re a member of a local football club or league, then you’ll know how valuable volunteers are.
#KentFAThanksU is your chance to celebrate and show your appreciation for those volunteers that make the game in your area possible for so many.
We have launched a toolkit full of useful resources so clubs and leagues can make the most of the campaign. #KentFAThanksU is your chance to celebrate volunteers and help keep them motivated.
You can use the toolkit we’ve developed to make the most of the campaign.
- #KentFAThanksU Press release for clubs and leagues to join in with.
- #KentFAThanksU Certificate template to reward volunteers.
- #KentFAThanksU frame for overlaying on your social media images.
Share your #KentFAThanksU on social media
We want the #KentThanksU campaign to reach out to as many of our football family as possible and social media is a great way to do this. Use the hashtag on Twitter and Facebook over the two weeks of celebrations to share pictures of your volunteers our say your very own thank you to those special people in your club and leagues.
Plus, here’s some draft #KentFAThanksU tweets you can use:
- "A big #KentFAThanksU to all our volunteers that make football happen across the county for so many."
- "Without our volunteers, football in Kent would not happen – thank you to each and everyone #KentFAThanksU"
- "To each and every volunteer at [insert club/group Twitter handle]. We couldn’t do it without you #KentFAThanksU"
For more details
For more details of how your club and league can get involved please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also make sure you follow us on Twitter and Facebook for details closer to the time.