Eight local grassroots champions from across Kent have been named as this year’s winners of The Kent FA Community Awards, presented by McDonald’s.
Since February people have been nominating their grassroots heroes within the county, from individual volunteers to clubs, and the response has been fantastic.
Following the seven-week nomination period a judging panel, made up of local county FA representatives selected this year’s winners for their invaluable commitment to the grassroots game, week in, week out.
This year’s Kent FA winners are:
- People’s Choice Award - Outstanding Contribution to Community Football
- Lesley Barleycorn – East Kent Youth League
- The FA Charter Standard Community Club Award
- Anchorians Football Club
- The FA Charter Standard Development Club Award
- Whitstable Town Junior Football Club
- The FA Charter Standard Club Award
- K Sports Football Club
- The FA Charter Standard League Award
- Faversham & District Youth Football League
- Coach of the Year Award
- Emma Tune
- Young Volunteer of the Year Award
- Beth Dunkin
- Best Inclusive Project Award
- Guru Nanak Girls & Ladies Participation Project by Parm Gill.
Amy Rutland, Kent FA’s Marketing & Communications Officer said “We are fortunate to have so many fantastic clubs and volunteers who help us strive towards providing better and more footballing opportunities for young players.
“We know how much work goes into football on a weekly basis and The FA Community Awards supported by McDonald’s allow us to say thank you to those who dedicate so much time to the game across Kent. We wish them all the best for the next stage of the awards and hopefully they can go all the way and pick up a national award later in the year.”
McDonald’s has been a Community Partner with The FA for 14 years, during which time thousands of clubs have benefitted from this partnership. Working with The FA for the next four years, McDonald’s will be giving over 4,500 FA Charter Standard clubs with a junior team, the opportunity to order a brand new strip each season until 2018.
The eight county winners have now been shortlisted for a regional award and you can keep up to date on the awards and with how they get on at www.mcdonalds.co.uk/betterplay
For more information, please contact Amy Rutland (Marketing & Communications Officer) on 01622 792140.