Do you want FREE support from an FA Coach Mentor for the 2018/19 season?
We are delighted to open applications to apply for an FA Coach Mentor to work within your club, league or organisation and provide FREE mentoring support through next season.
The deadline for clubs to apply is 9am on 21st June 2018.
To apply for a FA Coach Mentor please click here
The FA Coach Mentor Programme is a major investment in the grassroots game and has previously offered on-the-ground support to FA Charter Standard Development and Community Clubs. We are delighted to now widen this opportunity to all clubs, leagues and any other organisation providing football for children and young people.
Feedback on this national programme has been incredibly positive with over 10,000 coaches supported during the 2017/18 season. Within Kent, last season saw over 1,300 hours of mentoring offered to grassroots clubs free of charge. We want YOUR club to benefit for the 2018/19 season.
Mentoring support can include, but is not limited to:
- Developing a whole club philosophy
- Group coaching demonstrations
- 1:1 coaching
- Match day observation and support
- Signposting to relevant courses and events
- Needs analysis for individual coaches
- Modelling of coaching sessions for individual coaches
- Individual feedback
- An individual learning programme
- Working to leave a legacy with a group of coach developers
Mentoring support within a league could include all of the above which is available for clubs, plus:
- Working with a particular age group or division
- Supporting coaches through transitional age groups
- Addressing prime 'drop out' age groups
- We would encourage applicants to think innovatively around how they would like to use their free 50 hours of mentoring.
Any questions should be directed to Luke at Luke.Baker@KentFA.com.