LEVEL 1 WINTER PITCHES: IN SEASON (MAINTENANCE) FOR FOOTBALL
Friday 17th May 2019, 9am - 4.30pm at Kent FA, Invicta House, Aylesford.
We are delighted to announce a Level 1 Winter Pitches: In Season (Maintenance) For Football Course in Kent!
This course will run for one day on Friday 17th May, from 9am - 4.30pm.
The cost for this course is £100 per participant.
In this course you will cover:
- The key subjects – assessment and aeration to mowing and line marking, plus more – are studied through a progressive one-day course, featuring a productive presentation, plus turf care theory and practical working demonstrations. Learn what is involved in preparing and maintaining a surface that allows for maximum playability. In addition, receive a Certificate of Attendance.
- Definition and assessment of surface.
- Sequence of in season annual maintenance.
- Mowing, scarification, verticutting and harrowing.
- Fertiliser application and top dressing.
- Line marking: setting and marking out.
- Turf problems: weeds, pests and diseases.
- Safe and effective use of equipment.
Is this training day suitable for me?
Ideal for the volunteer, new employee or just as a refresher for the established employee, develop your knowledge with the latest best practices and explore the requirements you need in order to optimise your playing surface.
What can I do after this course?
Take your next step with Level 1 Winter Pitches: Renovation, or Level 2 Winter Pitches: Applied Turf Culture. Alternatively and for a more formal route, take on the IOG Level 2 Technical Certificate in Turf Surface Maintenance. (No practical work is involved.)
This course is being held at Kent FA, Invicta House, Cobdown Park, London Road, Aylesford, ME20 6DQ on Friday 17th May 2019.
Book Your Place
For more information about this course please contact Lee Suter (Football Development Manager) on Lee.Suter@KentFA.com or on 01622 792140.