Equality Advisory Group - Chairperson and Members
Kent FA is looking to recruit enthusiastic individuals with an interest in equality, diversity and inclusion, to join its Equality Advisory Group.
There are 4 volunteer vacancies including the position of independent chairperson as well as members.
Kent FA is the governing body for football who governs, develops and promotes grassroots football across Kent. The role of the Equality Advisory Group is to provide strategic, expert and impartial advice to Kent FA around all aspects of equality, diversity and inclusion, helping create a game and environment that is free of discrimination and truly representative of the diverse nature of the county of Kent, ensuring football is available to everyone.
What we are looking for
Equality Advisory Group Members – To advise on equality, diversity and inclusion matters as part of an effective, constructive and cohesive Equality Advisory Group, bringing a diverse perspective to Kent FA.
Equality Advisory Group Independent Chairperson - To lead and support an effective, constructive and cohesive Equality Advisory Group, providing feedback and reporting to the Kent FA Board and Kent FA Council on the delivery of Inclusion.
Successful individuals will need to be able to work as part of a diverse group who are expected to be able debate and discuss sensitive topics as well as analyse information. There is also emphasis on individuals being able to identify key issues and trends that can be used to develop positive diversity and inclusion interventions which will be key. Ideally, individuals for both roles will have experience working across a broad spectrum of ethnic and cultural backgrounds and have some knowledge of current legislation. An understanding and passion for grassroots football is desirable but not essential.
What can we offer?
• An exciting opportunity to work as part of a forward thinking, progressive group.
• To work with key stakeholders within grassroots football.
• Personal development opportunities through events and training offered to EAG members.
EAG Members - 2-3 hours per month.
EAG Independent Chairperson - 4 to 5 hours a month (including attendance at monthly board meetings as a co-opted member).
Equality and Diversity
Kent FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
About the application and selection process
• Please find below the application documents which contains further information about the roles and the Equality Advisory Group.
• Complete the application form, detailing which role you are applying for, and equality and diversity monitoring form returning these to email@example.com by no later than 5pm on Monday 1st March 2021. Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
• Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged.
• Shortlisted applicants will be contacted the week commencing 8th March 2021 to arrange a mutually convenient interview time.
• Unsuccessful applicants will also be informed week commencing Monday 8th March.
• If required, second interviews may be held in order to determine the most suitable candidates for the roles.
Equality Advisory Group Member Role Description
For further information please contact Toby Elgar, Football Development Officer (Inclusion) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org