Kent FA Council
Kent FA Board
Kent FA has a dual board structure with an Executive Board (the “Board”) which is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Kent FA business and a Supervisory Board (the “Council”) which appoints and ratifies the decisions of the Board. The Board consists of eight Directors and the Council consists of elected members who represent geographical areas of Kent (the “Divisions”).
Kent FA Council
There are five Standing Committees (Governance, Development, Strategy & Partnerships, Referees and Competitions) and a Disciplinary Panel which Council Members have the opportunity to serve on.
In addition, the Kent FA Council also comprises the President, Honorary Vice-Presidents, Vice-Presidents, Life Members and holders of the Order of Merit.
The County is divided into four geographical areas called ‘Divisions’. Elected Council Members are placed into a divisional area based on where they reside. League representatives will be placed in the division where the majority of their teams play.
The Divisional boundaries are loosely based on local authority areas as follows:
Division 1: Dartford, Gravesham, Bromley (London Borough), Bexley (London Borough), Lewisham (London Borough), Greenwich (London Borough)
Division 2: Medway (Unitary Authority), Swale
Division 3: Sevenoaks, Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge & Malling, Ashford, Maidstone
Division 4: Thanet, Dover, Canterbury, Shepway
There are several services which are carried out by Divisional members. These are:
- Represent their local football area.
- Conduit between Kent FA and leagues.
- Assessment of Level 7 – 6 and 6 – 5 referees.
- Organisation of early stage fixtures in Junior/Sunday Cups.
- Assistance with staffing cup finals/representative matches.
- Investigation of Benevolent Fund applications.
- Attendance on Standing Committees.
- Assisting staff with knowledge regarding football sites at risk.