- Minimum Age: 14 Years, however, it is advised that those aged 14 and 15 should enrol on the Mini Soccer Referee Course to gain some basic understanding and confidence in being a referee.
- Course Duration: 2 full days of delivery, plus officiating 6 matches, and then attend a Module 5 within 6 months.
- Price: Online Booking £135 per Candidate.
- Pre-requisites: None.
Who is this course for?
The Basic Refereeing Course is ideally suited to you if you are interested in becoming a referee in the 11 v 11 game both in youth and adult football. You should consider this course if you wish to referee for and be used by a League and recieve League appointments. This course can be viewed as the first crucial step to you developing as a referee before progressing through the various levels of refereeing.
What can I expect from the course?
During your two days on this course, a total of four separate modules will be covered. This will be a combination of classroom and practical based elements which include putting your refereeing knowledge and training into practice by completing 6 matches as a trainee referee, two of which should be observed by a referee mentor. Details of the five modules covered on the course are;
Module 1 – Introduction
- Laws of the game
- The role of the referee
- Skills to control a game of football
Module 2 – Practical
- Positioning & movement (set piece & open play)
- Managing game situations
- Signals & Communication techniques
- Practical guidance on applying the Laws of the Game
Module 3 – Examination
- Multiple choice questions/exam (classroom)
Module 4 – Refereeing
- 6 games to establish knowledge & practicalities
- 2 games from above are observed by your mentor
Module 5 – Next Steps
Additional Development Session
- Presentation of Certificates and Badges
Having completed the course successfully, you will qualify as an FA Registered Referee and receive a personalised FA Certificate.
How do I find out when the next available course is on?
You can find a list of Basic Refereeing Courses HERE however new course dates can often be announced and occasionally existing course dates/venues are subject to change. It’s always best to check the Kent FA website HERE to get the most up to date course information.
I’ve found the course I want – how do I enrol?
The quickest and easiest way is to enrol is via our Online Course Booking Service. The online service is available 24/7 so can be accessed at a time that suits you. It will allow you to conveniently view course details and the number of remaining places available on each course and enable you to make an instant SECURE payment which guarantee’s your place on the course at the touch of a button! Payment can be made with all major credit and debits cards.
Access to our secure online booking service can be found by visiting HERE If you have any questions please contact Kent FA on 01622 791850 and speak to the Referees Development Officer, Nick Dunn (Nick.Dunn@KentFA.com).