Vacancy - Football Development Officer (Youth and Mini Soccer)
Job Title: Football Development Officer (Youth & Mini Soccer)
Location: Kent FA HQ, Invicta House, Cobdown Park, London Road. Aylesford. Kent. ME20 6DQ. The Kent FA also
Salary: £21,000 - £24,000.
Hours per week: 35 hours per week.
Closing Date: Monday 27th September 2021
Vacancy Type: Full Time position, 35 hours per week. Fixed Term contract until 2024.
The Kent FA prides itself in being an innovative and forward-thinking organisation and these are exciting times as we embark on developing a new corporate strategy to reinforce the vision, and objectives moving forward for the next four years. The successful candidate for this role will be instrumental in helping the Kent FA to deliver this.
You can find out more about Kent FA and the work we do on our website at www.kentfa.com
Kent FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according the nature of the role and the information provided.
Kent FA is looking for an enthusiastic Football Development Officer (Youth & Mini Soccer) with a passion for grassroots football to join the team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the implementation and delivery of the FA National Game Strategy and the Kent Football Strategy, helping to deliver a sustainable plan for growth and quality across the youth football pathway.
• Work collaboratively through local strategic networks within the community to support the growth and retention of youth players through key FA programmes
• Provide football development support and advice to clubs and leagues.
• Complete an annual analysis of youth football to map participation and identify gaps in provision.
• Facilitate the movement of male players from mini-soccer to youth football and youth football to adult football.
• Develop programmes to support and grow male football provision, with a focus on retaining 12 to 18-year-old male players.
• Deliver a programme of services to club and league volunteers, with an emphasis on gaining more FA-accredited clubs and leagues.
• Provide or facilitate the development of other formats of football (e.g. futsal) that reflect changing participant behaviour and expectations.
• Collaborate with the Designated Safeguarding Officer in all matters involving under-18s within football development programmes.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or have 2 years’ sports development experience. They will be able to think and work strategically, be self-motivated and have excellent leadership skills. In addition, they will be able to forge and build excellent relationships with partner organisations and have a strong customer service ethos.
What we can offer
• A great start to your career in football with the local governing body of the grassroots game here in the heart of the County
• Opportunities to progress your career across the County FA Network throughout England and at The FA
• Access to high-quality training, networking and personal development opportunities
• A varied and exciting working life, where you’ll learn about all aspects of grassroots football
• Enhanced Holiday entitlement
• Access to employee benefits including an employee experience and engagement platform, and employee assistance scheme.
Exciting Benefits Package
• Access to ‘Cycle To Work Scheme’ and DSE Eye Care.
• Annual Leave increased based on service.
• Deals and discounts from the biggest brands via ‘Perkbox’.
• Employee Assistance Programme.
• Exclusive NIKE discounts.
• Have your ‘Birthday’ off on us.
• Kent FA Affiliated Grounds Pass.
• Opportunities to apply for FA Match Tickets and Events.
• Out of pocket travel and subsistence expenses covered.
• Pension contribution.
• Private Healthcare through Bupa.
• Time off In Lieu.
Equality and Diversity
Kent FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
About the application and selection process
• Complete the Application Form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and return to email@example.com no later than 5pm on Monday 27th September 2021. Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances e.g. proof of posting indicates undue delay through no fault of the applicant
• Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged
• Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by 1st October 2021 to arrange a mutually convenient interview time
• Interviews will be held week commencing 4th October 2021
• If required, second interviews may be held in order to determine the most suitable candidate for the role.