GETTING A LOCAL SPONSOR CAN BE A HUGE BONUS FOR THE CLUB
Sponsorship is a fantastic way of generating income for your club. It can provide vital funding so your club can continue to operate as well as help to raise the profile of the organisation that is sponsoring you. For your club to enjoy a successful sponsorship, it must be appreciated that it is a two-way partnership.
A measured and creative approach to attracting a sponsor is the best means of generating sponsorship for your club.
Tips to attract sponsorship:
- Understand your clubs unique selling point
- Do your research – what type of company would be a good fit for your club and do their company values align with your club values?
- Develop a prospect list – this is a list of companies you want to approach about sponsorship
- Know your sponsorship package – what can you offer a sponsor? This may include a company logo on the kit, logo on the team website, logo on club collateral etc
- The approach – either in a letter or a face to face meeting. Introduce the club, outline the sponsorship package, explain why they would be a great fit for your club, and mention your shared goals and values. Ensure the approach is professional and one that a company would feel proud to be part of.
- Lastly, don’t be afraid of asking your existing members if they know of any companies who may be willing to sponsor your club or team. After all, most of your members or volunteers are employees or employers themselves and may want to get involved.