Having already established 200 SSE Wildcats Centres in 2017, The FA and SSE are now creating a further 800 Centres across England in 2018.
The Centres are a key part of The FA’s commitment to doubling Women’s and Girls’ football participation by 2020.
From Friday 1 December 2017, grassroots clubs, organisations and community groups will have the opportunity to apply to become an SSE Wildcats Football Centre, delivering football for 5-11 year old females in Kent, through Kent FA.
An SSE Wildcats Centre is an opportunity for girls aged 5-11 to have fun, develop fundamental skills, try a variety of sessions and lay the foundations for a lifelong love of sport. Sessions are delivered by qualified coaches on a weekly basis, either after school or at weekends.
For those participating, the aim is simple; have fun, make friends and play football.
In the first instance, you need to make contact with Kent FA Football Development Officer, Natalie Curtis either on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01622 792140
• SSE Wildcats Centre must run for a minimum of 16 weeks during the spring/summer of 2018
• SSE Wildcats Centres must also demonstrate how they plan on attracting a minimum of 30 girls each week, and how the activity will be sustained post funding
• All organisations receive £900 start-up grant and 30 Nike footballs
• All SSE Wildcats Centres must complete registers at each session and upload them to the online system on a weekly basis. This is a crucial part of the funding criteria; failure to upload registers may result in the funding being withdrawn
• Participants should reflect the diversity of the population of the local area and organisations should be inclusive of disabled participants
• Any organisation that meets the SSE Wildcats Centre criteria can apply
For more information please click below to download guidance to become a Wildcats centre.
Click Here for Guidance
To apply to become a Wildcats Centre please click below.
Click here to apply