Kent FA has selected 10 local recipients of The FA and McDonald’s Grassroots Football Awards 2018
The Grassroots Football Awards, known previously as The FA and McDonalds Community Awards, recognise and celebrate the work of individuals and groups to instill The FA’s PRIDE values – Progressive, Respectful, Inclusive, Determination and Excellent – and make a positive difference in their club, league or local community.
Following receipt of a record 2,904 nominations across the country, The FA has worked alongside respective County FA's to select appropriate winners across 10 categories.
The full list of Kent FA Grassroots Football Awards 2018 winners are:
- Coach of the Year: Lorraine Humm, Maidstone United FC
- Community Project of the Year: Tankerton FC Deaf Team
- Charter Standard Club of the Year: Anchorians Football Club
- Charter Standard League of the Year: Kent Girls & Ladies League
- Grounds Team of the Year: Phil Kennard & Little Sharsted FC
- Match Official of the Year: Nick Monkman
- The Respect Award: The children in the “Let Us Play” video
- Supporter of the Year: Ken Dixon, Herne Bay FC
- Volunteer of the Year: Rav Marwaha, FC Grand
- Youth Volunteer of the Year: Jordan Burton, Milton & Fulston FC
Greg Clarke, Chairman of The FA, said: "It’s been fantastic to see a record number of nominations for this year’s Grassroots Football Awards and hear so many stories of dedication and commitment throughout the grassroots game.
"The selection of winners chosen alongside Kent FA represents the diverse nature of football in this country and I would like to congratulate each and every one for their inspirational work."
Darryl Haden, Chief Executive of Kent FA, said: “We are delighted to have such a dedicated volunteer workforce in Kent Football! Having looked through all of the nominations it is clear that the volunteers up and down the county are the backbone of grassroots football, so it’s only right that we celebrate them!”
On 9 July, The FA’s National Panel will meet to select national winners from the pool of County FA recipients and they will be formally announced at the 2018 FA Community Shield on 5 August.