The Kent FA is the Governing Body for Football who governs, develops and promotes grassroots football across Kent.
It prides itself in being an innovative and forward-thinking organisation and these are exciting times as we embark on developing a new corporate strategy to reinforce the vision, and objectives moving forward for the next four years. The successful candidates will be instrumental in helping the Kent FA to deliver this.
- HR & Employment Law – To support the Kent FA in its HR and people development practices as well as providing legal support where necessary
- Safeguarding – To ensure that the Kent FA acts in accordance with legislation, statutory guidance and The FA’s safeguarding policies and procedures and any associated guidance including the achievement and retention of The FA Safeguarding Operating Standard
- PR & Marketing - To support the public relations function and marketing & communication processes of the Kent FA developing relationships with MPs, business, and local government leaders to promote the work of the Kent FA, to review all investment opportunities and enhance the brand of the Kent FA.
What we are looking for?
The successful candidates will need to be able to debate, discuss and challenge in a constructive manner, with the ability to form strong, productive relationships both internally and externally. Ideally, they will have experience of Senior Management in either HR & legal, Safeguarding or PR and marketing and an understanding of small to medium businesses with a turnover of circa £1 million. An understanding and passion for grassroots football is desirable but not essential.
What can we offer?
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a forward thinking, progressive business
- To work with key stakeholders within grassroots football
- A commitment to supportive personal development.
The positions are voluntary though honorariums are paid to directors.
8-10 hours per month (including attendance at monthly board meetings)
Equality and Diversity
Kent FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
About the application and selection process
- Download the application pack which contains further information about the roles and the process.
- Complete the application form, detailing which role you are applying for, and equality and diversity monitoring form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on Friday 22nd January 2021. Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances e.g. proof of posting indicates undue delay through no fault of the applicant
- Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted week commencing 5th February 2021 to arrange a mutually convenient interview time
- Interviews will be held weeks commencing 8th February 2021; 15th February 2021 and 22nd February 2021
- If required, second interviews may be held in order to determine the most suitable candidate for the role.
- Independent non-executive director application pack
- Role descriptions and person specification
- Application form
- Equality and diversity monitoring form.
For further information please contact Darryl Haden, CEO via email at Darryl.Haden@KentFA.com
HR and Legal - Role Profile and Person Specification
Safeguarding - Role Profile and Person Specification
PR and Marketing - Role Profile and Person Specification
Kent FA Board Member Application Pack
Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form