U15 Boys Cup Final

Report - Kent U15 Boys Cup Final

Bromley FC 0-2 Welling United FC

A goal at the end of each half was enough for Welling United as they took home the U15 Boys Cup. 

Both teams looked to attack from the off, with the goalkeepers and defence on both sides having to be at their best throughout the game. 

Welling had the first of the chances through a Jack Church free kick, but his shot was easily gathered by the goalkeeper. 

From that free kick, Bromley came forward and would have been disappointed not to make it 1-0 when William Street crossed the ball in towards Robert Tofan, but his shot was saved by Hugo Webb who reacted quickly to close down the attacker. 

Street continued to cause problems down the left hand side and Bromley would have been ahead if someone could have got on the end of his dangerous cross midway through the first half. 

As the rain started to fall on Salters Lane, Welling took the lead through Daniels. After a scramble in the box, the ball landed at the feet of the striker who poked home.

Daniels almost doubled his tally, as well as Welling’s lead 10 minutes into the second half after a powerful shot from the edge of the box was well saved by Bromley goalkeeper Kai Smith. 

Rasheed Tijani was also causing problems for the Bromley defence and almost turned provider for a second Welling goal, but his cross couldn’t be converted by Deandre Williams as Bromley got the ball clear.  

Tijani got his well-deserved goal in the final few moments as the attacker was put through on goal after a free kick was put into the box. He showed composure to shoot past the stranded goalkeeper to give The Wings victory. 

Bromley FC
Smith, Mhlanga, Hudson-Broadway, Clutterbuck, Jackson, German, Tofan, Corbin, Cormack, Street, Owono

Substitutes– Hammond, Hancock, Javaid, Warne, L.Webb

Managers – Lee Cormack & John Broadway 

Welling United FC

H.Webb, Goldstone, Beard, Mbeke, Church, Daniels, Saunders, Johnson, Akinduro, Williams, Tijani

Substitutes – Phillips, Newbold, Dhesi, Smith, Roberts

Manager – Rhys Barker 

Referee – Rhys Jeffery 

Assistants – Adam Wilson & Chandon Chapman 

Fourth Official – Sethy Tsoungui