As such the Kent FA is looking for passionate and enthusiastic football coaches to join our team for the first year of the emerging talent centres.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and delivering session plans with girls aged U14-U16, providing holistic support to local, talented players within Kent.
Job Title: Emerging Talent Centre Coaches
Location: Primarily based at The Victory Academy, Magpie Hall Rd, Chatham, ME4 5JB.
Salary: Varied dependent on qualification and role.
Hours per week: Minimum 3.
Closing Date: Sunday 21st August 2022
Vacancy Type: Part-time position. Fixed Term contract until 2023.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a Level 2 coaching qualification with knowledge and experience working within the girls' football pathway. They will also hold valid and in-date FA safeguarding and emergency first aid qualifications. It is preferable that candidates hold a full driving license.
- 1x Emerging Talent Centre Player Development Lead
- 2x Emerging Talent Centre Coach
- 1x Emerging Talent Centre Goalkeeper Coach
- 1x Emerging Talent Centre Strength and Conditioning Coach
- 1x Emerging Talent Centre Physiotherapist
• Creating and delivering session plans to provide high quality coaching to girls playing in U14-U16 age groups, to attain the highest levels of performance possible in a safe, secure and supportive environment.
• Implementing training and games programme in line with the Kent FA ETC curriculum across the 30 week programme.
• Liaise with head/support coach to produce session plans for all sessions.
• Working alongside head/support coach to provide a challenging football environment to meet the needs of all players in your group.
• Ensure that the Kent FA philosophy and ethos is followed at all times.
• Ensure effective communication between all departments and stakeholders, including parents, is continuous throughout the season.
• To adhere to the FA Safeguarding and equality policies and procedures.
• To adhere to the FA and Kent FA ETC codes of conduct at all times.
• To complete a player review sheet per block to monitor player development.
Download the full job description and person specification
The Kent FA prides itself in being an innovative and forward-thinking organisation and these are exciting times as we embark on developing a new corporate strategy to reinforce the vision, and objectives moving forward for the next four years. The successful candidate for this role will be instrumental in helping the Kent FA to deliver this.
What we can offer
• An opportunity to work within the new female pathway with high performing players.
• Access to high-quality training, networking and personal development opportunities.
• Support along your coaching journey.
About the application and selection process
• To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter, outlining why you would like to work within the ETC and why you would be the best candidate, by email to Rebecca.Moore@KentFA.com
• The closing date for receipt of applications is 11pm on Sunday 21st August 2022.
• Interviews to take place the week commencing the 22nd August.
• Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances e.g. proof of posting indicates undue delay through no fault of the applicant.
• Receipt of applications will be acknowledged.
Kent FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according the nature of the role and the information provided.
Equality and Diversity
Kent FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Rebecca Moore, Women and Girls Development officer, Rebecca.Moore@KentFA.com for an informal discussion.