Facility and Investment Officer
Location: Kent FA HQ, Invicta House, Cobdown Park, London Road. Aylesford. Kent. ME20 6DQ. The Kent FA also
Salary: £24,000 - £30,000.
Hours per week: 35 hours per week.
Closing Date: Friday 1st July 2022
Vacancy Type: Full Time position, 35 hours per week.
The Kent FA prides itself in being an innovative and forward-thinking organisation and these are exciting times as we embark on developing a new corporate strategy to reinforce the vision, and objectives moving forward for the next four years.
Kent FA has played an important role in strategically planning, developing and delivering facilities for grassroots football since The FA, The Premier League, Sport England and Government formed the Football Foundation in 2000. To date we have secured £24 million to improve grassroots football facilities for players, clubs, leagues and other football facility providers in our County.
The National Football Facilities Strategy sets out clearly to improve the following types of facilities:
• Grass Pitch
• 3G Football Turf Pitches
• Changing Rooms and Pavilions
• Small-sided Spaces.
The FA, Sport England, the Government and the Premier League, have clearly identified the aspirations for football to contribute directly to important government education, social and health agendas. Alongside this, the strategy is clear that traditional, affiliated football remains an important priority and a core component of the game, whilst recognising and supporting the more informal environments used for community and recreational football.
The Government has recently backed the strategy with an additional £172m announced as part of its Comprehensive Spending Review for the next 3 years. This investment represents an opportunity for Kent FA to drive forward and deliver projects that we have identified in our Local Football Facility Plans on a far greater scale that we have been able to achieve before.
Kent FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according the nature of the role and the information provided.
We are looking for Facility and Investment Officer to support our current team to deliver investment in grassroots football facilities where it is most needed in our county.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about grassroots football facilities, has the ability to help club volunteers to shape their ideas and be in a position to apply for funding to improve their facilities and sustain their clubs.
We have big plans to improve our grass pitches across Kent and this role will play a big part delivering this priority ensuring that our clubs and partners are able to access advice, support and funding through the Grass Pitch Improvement Programme.
Lots of our clubs require support to access grants for small scale projects for improvements, equipment and activities. Using your skills, you will guide them through the maze of opportunities available in the county and nationally.
• Support delivery of all activities that ensure every affiliated football fixture is played on a ‘good’ quality pitch including the use of PitchPower and the Hive Groundskeepers Community.
• Track the quantity and quality of football pitches and ground locations for affiliated fixtures.
• Ensure that the outcomes of each facility project are aligned to the Football Foundation measurement framework and the FA’s Grassroots Football Strategy.
• Activate grass pitch and smaller projects from Local Football Facility Plans to generate enough demand and deliver against Football Foundation spend targets.
• Support the delivery of support days to each Football Foundation applicant around the Grass Pitch Improvement Programme and Small Grants Programme.
• Support applicants to develop their football development plans to enable them to apply successfully for funding.
• Develop collaborative working partnerships with local authorities, clubs, leagues, schools and other facility providers.
• To lead on all issues regarding planning protection, completion of Sport England planning requests and safeguard playing pitches within Kent.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or have 2 years’ relevant industry experience. They will be able to think and work strategically, be self-motivated and have excellent leadership skills. In addition, they will be able to forge and build excellent relationships with partner organisations and have a strong customer service ethos.
What we can offer
• A great start to your career in football with the local governing body of the grassroots game here in the heart of the County
• Opportunities to progress your career across the County FA Network throughout England and at The FA
• Access to high-quality training, networking and personal development opportunities
• A varied and exciting working life, where you’ll learn about all aspects of grassroots football
• Enhanced Holiday entitlement
• Access to employee benefits including an employee experience and engagement platform, and employee assistance scheme.
Equality and Diversity
Kent FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
About the application and selection process
• Complete the Application Form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on Friday 1st July 2022.
• Please complete the Application Form in Microsoft Word format, we ask applicants not to convert the file to a PDF format.
• Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances e.g. proof of posting indicates undue delay through no fault of the applicant
• Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged
• Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Friday 8th July to arrange a mutually convenient interview time. If you have not been contacted by the 8th July please assume that your application has been unsuccessful
• Interviews will be held week commencing 18th July 2022
• If required, second interviews may be held in order to determine the most suitable candidate for the role.
Job Description and Person Specification
Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Jeff Davis, Football Development Manager, email@example.com for an informal discussion.