Club Coach Mentor Vacancies
KENT FA IS PASSIONATE ABOUT SUPPORTING COACHES WITH ONGOING LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR THOSE WORKING ACROSS KENT’S GRASSROOTS FOOTBALL COMMUNITY.
OUR NEW CLUB COACH MENTOR PROGRAMME PROVIDES KENT’S GRASSROOTS COACHES IN ENGLAND FOOTBALL ACCREDITED CLUBS WITH BESPOKE, MENTORING ACROSS 6 WEEKS.
We are looking for three passionate and enthusiastic Football Coach Mentors to join our team to support our Club Coach Mentor Programme.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering a programme of support for grassroots coaches in England Football Accredited Clubs across Kent, by providing bespoke support and development opportunities for coaches through a range of methods including 1-1, observing, feedback and the creation of individual action plans for coaches.
Job Title: Club Coach Mentor.
Location: Various locations across the Kent County, travel required.
Salary: £25 per hour.
Hours per week: 2 hours per week.
Closing Date: Monday 26th September 2022 at 5pm.
Vacancy Type: Part-time position. Fixed Term contract until June 2023.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a UEFA C/ FA Level 2 or FA Level 2 with Youth Modules 1 & 2 (prior August 2016) coaching qualifications with knowledge and experience working within volunteers. They will also hold valid and in-date FA safeguarding and emergency first aid qualifications. It is preferable that candidates hold a full driving license due to the required travel across the County.
• 3x Club Coach Mentors
• To deliver a programme of support for grassroots coaches in England Football Accredited Clubs across Kent.
• To provide bespoke support and development opportunities for coaches through a range of methods including 1-1, observing, feedback and the creation of individual action plans for coaches.
• To enhance coaches to become more transformational in their approach, through appropriate and relevant mentoring.
• To promote coaching methodology aligned to the FA’s four corner model and England DNA.
• Ensure that the Kent FA values and behaviours are adhered to at all times.
• Ensure effective communication between County FA, Clubs and Coaches are continuous throughout the programme.
• To adhere to the FA Safeguarding and equality policies and procedures.
DOWNLOAD THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Kent FA prides itself in being an innovative and forward-thinking organisation. These are exciting times as we embark on developing a new corporate strategy to reinforce the vision, and objectives moving forward for the next three years. The successful candidate for this role will be instrumental in helping the Kent FA to deliver this.
What we can offer
• An opportunity to support and develop coaches within the Kent grassroots football community.
• Successful candidates will receive access to ongoing support and relevant continued professional development (CPD) sessions through the county.
About the application and selection process
To apply for this role:
• Send your CV and covering letter to David.Webb@KentFA.com, outlining:
o Why you would like to work on behalf of Kent FA as a Club Coach Mentor and
o Why you would be the best candidate for the job.
• The closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 26th September 2022.
• Interviews will take place between Wednesday 28th September and Wednesday 5th October 2022.
• Applications received after the deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances e.g. proof of posting indicates undue delay through no fault of the applicant.
• Receipt of applications will be acknowledged.
Kent FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according the nature of the role and the information provided.
Equality and Diversity
Kent FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact David Webb, Workforce Football Development Officer, David.Webb@KentFA.com for an informal discussion.