Equal Game Ambassador vacancy at Kent FA
Do you have a passion for women and girls football?
If so, we'd love you to come and join the team at Kent FA to ensure everyone has an equal opportunity to play the beautiful game.
Job title: Equal Game Ambassador – Women & Girls Football
Salary: £25 Per hour.
Hours per week: Up to 50 hours per season which will include evening and weekend work.
Vacancy type: Casual Worker contract.
Location: Kent FA HQ, Invicta House, Cobdown Park, London Road. Aylesford. Kent. ME20 6DQ. Travel will be required.
About the role
There has never been a better time to join the Kent FA to play a leading role in the strategic development of opportunities for Women and Girls to play football across Kent!
Support grassroots football clubs to apply their learnings from the Equal Game Training and build their own Equal Game Action Plan; creating more accessible opportunities for women and girls. This will be done via delivery of the Equal Game Training workshops along with Kent FA staff followed by ongoing support to clubs to covert theory into action within grassroots football in Kent.
- Work with County FA Leads to collaboratively deliver the local ‘Equal Game’ Training
- Work with England Football Accredited clubs following their completion of the ‘Equal Game Training’ to support in the creation of a bespoke female football game plan. This outlines new club-based opportunities for female players which may include new playing provisions, coaching development, volunteering roles, and creating safe environments.
- Support with engagement at every level of the club to maximise and sustain these opportunities for female players.
- Signpost and help clubs access relevant support including funding and coach development opportunities via the County FA, and FA Women & Girls Coach Development network.
- Support clubs to build and sustain relationships with relevant local partners such as charitable organisations, educational establishments, alongside other key partners to promote the new opportunities.
- Collaborate with County FA staff, national FA staff, FA Women & Girls Coach Mentors, FA Women & Girls Community Champions, external partners, and wider members of the grassroots delivery team workforce.
- Maintain records of the support being provided to grassroots clubs with the aim of providing clarity on work programmes, development opportunities and sharing of good practice.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will have experience working within grassroots football and have a passion for increasing opportunities for women and girls to play football in Kent. They will be able to think and work strategically, be self-motivated and have excellent leadership skills. In addition, they will be able to forge and build excellent relationships with clubs and organisations.
Download the full job description and person specification
About the application and selection process
To apply for the role, please email your CV and cover letter expressing why would like to be considered for the role to Rebecca.Moore@KentFA.com by 5pm on Sunday 15th January 2023. Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances e.g. proof of posting indicates undue delay through no fault of the applicant.
Interviews will take place virtually across the below dates. Please indicate in your cover letter, which of the below you would be able to be interviewed:
- Wednesday 25th January 2023
- Thursday 26th January 2023
- Friday 27th January 2023
Candidates must be available for an induction on Thursday 2nd February 10:00 – 13:00 via Microsoft Teams.
Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged, and shortlisted applicants will be contacted by 17th January 2023 to arrange a mutually convenient interview time.
Kent FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according the nature of the role and the information provided.
Equality and Diversity
Kent FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Rebecca Moore, Football Development Officer (Women and Girls), Rebecca.Moore@KentFA.com for an informal discussion.