CLUB AFFILIATION IS NOW OPEN
Get Ready For The 2023/24 Football Season
You can begin your affiliation application online via The FA Club Portal.
The FA has produced a YouTube video to introduce the new system and explain the process.
Further guidance and support on the affiliation process can be found by clicking the buttons below.
To access the system, you will need to use your recorded email address or FAN. Club Portal will allow your club to:
- Review, amend and update your club affiliation online at a time that is convenient to you.
- Start your application and come back to it later whilst saving your progress – does not have to be completed in one go.
- Process your affiliation application online without the need to send and receive paperwork, reducing postage and admin costs.
- Make payment online via Barclaycard’s Smartpay gateway, a reliable and secure system that is used extensively across the UK and beyond.
- Save valuable time and money.
- Many other features involving club finance, discipline, and administration.
Key Points To Remember When Processing Your Club Affiliation Application:
- If you need to change your Club Name, then send a separate email to Info@KentFA.com and the Kent FA will inform you if it is appropriate or not.
- If you need to change your Club Name and you play at Steps 5,6 or 7, please download and complete the Change of Club Name form, and email it to Info@KentFA.com. Kent FA will inform you if this is possible or not.
- All Clubs must have Public Liability insurance cover of at least £10,000,000 and this can be purchased when Clubs affiliate via Club Portal.
- All Clubs shall be members of a players’ Personal Accident scheme, and this can be purchased when Clubs affiliate via Portal.
- All Youth Club Welfare Officers must also hold a valid DBS and The FA’s Welfare Officer qualification.
- Clubs must also affiliate U5 and U6 development teams.
- Clubs must also affiliate Futsal teams.
- Kent FA offers many County Cups for adult, youth and women’s football; please make sure you enter your teams into the appropriate county cups under the ‘Manage Competitions’ tab when affiliating. For guidance on managing County Cup entries, please click here.
- The Benevolent Fund assists in areas where the insurance scheme does not extend, and members of the Kent football family require support; donations are always warmly received and can be made during the online affiliation process.
- Having the appropriate medical equipment is important for clubs; don’t forget to purchase your Koolpak medical bag or refill pack during your online affiliation application.
IMPORTANT: Mandatory Action for Clubs with Youth Teams
As illustrated above, the free, easy-to-access online Safeguarding for Committee Members Course is mandatory for specific committee members, which will help to provide a consistent level of understanding across all youth clubs.
For clubs with U18 teams and below, the following members must hold the qualification for the affiliation to be approved.
- Club Secretary
- Club Chairperson
- Club Treasurer
- Club Welfare Officer
This is an addition to any other safeguarding qualification that individuals may hold.
Other club officials may also access the course although for them it is entirely optional at this stage.
All youth team (under 18 and below) managers and coaches must have a valid DBS and hold The FA’s Safeguarding Children qualification at the point of affiliation.
First Aid Equipment
There is the perfect opportunity during your affiliation application to purchase pitch side first aid equipment from our partner KoolPak.
For any questions or advice please contact the office on 01622 791850 and a member of staff will be happy to assist you.
Tournaments offer fantastic playing experiences for all participants in the game, but it is essential they are played in a safe and protected environment.
With this is mind it is important to remind clubs of their responsibility to ensure they are taking part in sanctioned tournaments. Without sanctioning the tournament may not fall under FA regulations and clubs may have issues with areas such as personal accident insurance, public liability insurance and discipline.
Click the button below to see a list of all currently sanctioned tournaments around Kent for this summer. This will be regularly updated and provide a comprehensive list of tournaments that are sanctioned by Kent FA.
Unsure? Get in touch
We want to ensure all clubs, leagues, parents & carers, volunteers, Welfare Officers and Officials in our thriving Kent football community feel informed about all elements of the beautiful game.
Should you require any guidance please contact the services department on 01622 791850 or Info@KentFA.com